BOOK III - LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS
TITLE ONE. - THE BARANGAY
CHAPTER 1. - ROLE AND CREATION OF THE BARANGAY
SECTION 384. Role of the Barangay. - As the basic political unit, the Barangay serves as the primary planning and implementing unit of government policies, plans, programs, projects, and activities in the community, and as a forum wherein the collective views of the people may be expressed, crystallized and considered, and where disputes may be amicably settled.
CHAPTER 2 - Barangay Officials and Offices
SECTION 387. Chief Officials and Offices. - (a) There shall be in each Barangay a Punong Barangay, seven (7) Sangguniang Barangay members, the Sangguniang Kabataan chairman, a Barangay Secretary, and a Barangay treasurer.
(b) There shall also be in every Barangay a Lupong Tagapamayapa. The Sangguniang Barangay may form community brigades and create such other positions or offices as may be deemed necessary to carry out the purposes of the Barangay government in
accordance with the needs of public service, subject to the budgetary limitations on personal services prescribed under Title Five, Book II of this Code.
|Region||REGION I (Ilocos Region)||Code||010000000|
|Income Classification:||3rd Class||Registered Voters (2010): 14,108|
|Population (as of May 1, 2010):||24,011||District: 1st|
|No. of Barangay:
(as of May 1, 2010)
1. Figures on registered voters are partial data from Commission on Elections (COMELEC) which may still be subject to corrections/adjustments from their field offices
2. Figures on registered voters exclude data on absentee voters.
3. Figures on registered voters are as of January 2010.
4. PSGC Information are as of 31 December 2014.
5. Income Classification based on Department of Finance Department Order No.23-08 Effective July 29, 2008.
6. Urban/rural classification based on 2000 CPH, Report No. 4 Urban Population, National Statistics Office, June 2006.
7.Legislative District Source: Records and Statistics Division, Commission on Elections (COMELEC): As of May 2013.
8. Population (as of May 1, 2010): a) Total Population Count by Region, Province, City/Municipality and Barangay as of May 1, 2010 ; b) Population of Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs) are excluded in the total population of their respective provinces but are included in the regional total; and c) Population of barangays with boundary disputes are excluded in total population of their respective municipalities and cities but are included in the provincial and regional total. Source: 2010 Census of Population: National Statistics Office (NSO).
9. Source: National Statistics Office (NSO) http://www.census.gov.ph/content/2010-census-population-and-housing-reveals-philippine-population-9234-million